- For the first time in history, a sitting President has publicly condemned an anti-gay amendment. The one he picked is the one on the ballot here in North Carolina on May 8th.
- Both the Charlotte Observer and the Raleigh News and Observerhave run editorials strongly opposing Amendment One.
- Governor Perdue has publicly stated she will do everything she can to defeat Amendment One.
- Every Democratic candidate for Governor and Lieutenant Governor is opposing Amendment One.
- The Libertarian Party of North Carolina voted unanimously to oppose Amendment One.
- The head of the John Locke Foundation, a prominent conservative political organization in North Carolina, wrote an article opposing Amendment One.